Cateracts are a treatable vision problem that is common with increasing age. Cataracts can be treated easily and successfully with developing surgery methods and intraocular lens technologies.
Speak to one of our consultants now!
- Treatment Duration: 5 days
- Recovery Time: 1-2 days
The intraocular lens of the eye that normally should be transparent loses its transparency, becomes opaque and changes color; as a result, the patient starts experiencing problems with their vision. Cataracts can be treated easily and successfully with developing surgery methods and intraocular lens technologies.
Causes of Cataract
- Degenerative, common in those aged 55 to 60
- Extended exposure to sun
- Damage to the eye
- Extended steroid usage
Symptoms of Cataract
- Vision loss without pain
- Glaring or increasing sensitivity to light
- Frequently needing changes in eye-glass numbers
- Double vision in one eye
- Needing brighter light for reading
- Problems in the night vision
- Paling colors or yellowing
What should you do?
You should contact your doctor and have an eye examination.
What could happen if it is not treated?
- The patient may experience visual disturbance in short and long distance
- Changes in eye pressure
- Because cataract is an obstacle for retina examinations, it makes it difficult to diagnose other eye diseases.
How surgery is performed
Your eyes will be anaesthetized with drops. The surgery will be done with Phacoemulsification, which is currently the most developed method. The lens that will be placed in the eye will be an FDA or CE approved foldable lens. The advantage of this method is that it will not require stitches because it is done with a small incision. You can return your home the same after the surgery after a short stay at the hospital. You will need to come back for a follow-up and we will explain to you how you should use your medication.
Important elements affecting the success of Cataract Surgery
- Experience of the doctor and their familiarity with cataract
- The technique used during the surgery, applying PHACO, for the lens to be placed in the eye to be FDA approved, multi-functional and foldable
- High-tech and hygienic environment of the institution